Omnifluent® Live Captioning Appliance
AppTek’s language technology breakthrough will revolutionize how closed captions of live content are created. AppTek’s Omnifluent Live Captioning Appliance is a cost effective, fully functional server installed with AppTek’s Omnifluent Media software that delivers fully automated, same-language captions for live content with accuracy and speed that match or exceed human captioning. AppTek designed this Appliance to reside at the broadcaster’s facility and to easily integrate within their existing infrastructure and production workflow in order to satisfy FCC and other broadcast regulators' captioning requirements.
Through customization for speakers and language models based on domains, AppTek’s Appliance can deliver highly accurate captions with a low latency for a low recurring cost. The Appliance can also be configured with AppTek’s machine translation (MT) software, capable of fully automated, instantaneous foreign language translation of live content to engage new audiences in over two-dozen languages.
AppTek’s Omnifluent Live Captioning Appliance equips users with a configurable
speech recognition solution that reduces the time and cost of live closed
captioning when compared to manual processing.
- Closed captions & subtitles - The Appliance transcribes broadcast audio for closed
captions, subtitles, transcripts and searchable metadata.
- Adaptable to broadcaster - To ensure accuracy, the live closed captioning software
is adapted to the broadcasters’ programs, talent voices and language models; with
ongoing updates provided by AppTek.
- News, sports, weather - This solution is particularly well-suited to news, sports,
weather, and other factual programming.
- English, Spanish and Arabic - The server is currently available in English, Spanish
and Arabic, and is in development for Chinese and other languages.
- Low latency - The system operates with a latency average of 6 seconds.
- Offline with align & sync – The Omnifluent Live Captioning Appliance can be used
offline to create captions & subtitles, as well as align (sync) existing captions &
subtitles with audio.
- Translation - The Appliance is configurable with Omnifluent Translate for the
creation of subtitles in multiple languages.
- Offline post-editing and adaptation - AppTek’s Omnifluent Media Production
Workbench platform is available for offline post-editing and adaptation to improve
quality of recognition and translations.
- Save money – Automates expensive, time-consuming manual tasks of transcribing
and captioning programming.
- Improve content management - Maintains accuracy and consistency across all
content channels through automatic transcription and translation.
- Monetize content – Engages with new audiences and allows for distribution on new
- Faster time to market and faster return on investment – Leverage one single
platform with less upfront work across multiple enterprise applications.
- Enhance quality – Accuracy improves as the QC corrections are learned by the
- Creates rich metadata - Search engine optimization for archives, websites, news
departments, program libraries, etc.